Certified Coder - Physician Billing
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Physician Billing, responsible for maintaining physician billing accounts as assigned including, receiving billing information, copies of insurance cards, charge slips and payments from the physician office. Responsible for accurately entering all patient demographic and insurance information in Micro MD billing program, correctly posts patient charges which includes assigning the proper CPT, ICD and HCPCS codes and payments, processes and sends daily insurance claims, completes and sends secondary billing and prepares daily deposits, itemized statements, monthly statements and prepares accounts for collection in a timely manner.
- Received billing information to include patient demographics, copies of insurance cards, charge slips, and payments from the physician office.
- Accurately enters all patient demographic information in billing program.
- Accurately enters all insurance information in billing program.
- Accurately enters all charges, payments, adjustments, refunds, write offs in billing program.
- Accurately applies the appropriate ICD, CPT and HCPCS codes to the charges received from the provider's office.
- Ensures that charges, payments, adjustments, refunds and write offs balance to the daily log sheets.
- Prepares daily deposits accurately and in a timely manner.
- Runs "Refund Reports" at least twice monthly to request refund checks from providers, processes them and mails them in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures that A/R accounts over 90 days from date of service are collected and/or written off in a timely manner.
- Ensures that work schedules are maintained on a timely basis.
- Runs monthly reports to follow up on unpaid charges and claims and researches the unpaid or denied claim and rebill/re-files as appropriate in a timely manner.
- Completes continuing education as required to maintain current certification as a Certified Professional Coder
Required Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must have the ability to read, write and follow instructions.
- Computer experience required.
- A minimum of 3 years experience with medical billing practices to include posting and insurance billing as well as collection skills required.
- Current Certification as a Certified Professional Coder required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years ICD, CPT, HCPCS coding experience.
- Must have the ability to communicate in a professional manner, work with minimal supervision, and be a team player.
- Maintains schedules or controls to insure timely payment of claims by primary, secondary and tertiary payors.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Ref Code: 2020078
Dom Lopez - Human Resources Assistant