HIM Clerk- OB/GYN Clinic - OB/GYN Clinic
Clinic Health Information Management Clerk
Performs medical records activities including filing, pulling, and delivering medical records to the proper location and handling the information confidentially. Researches medical records to locate health data as requested. Maintains and utilizes a variety of health record indexes and storage and retrieval systems. Is able to process, store, and retrieve health information. Assists in identification of medical records, special studies, research, and or special projects needed. At times, may act as receptionist, perform secretarial duties, and discusses insurance claims with insurance companies.
- All aspects of clerical functions within the department.
- Is organized and professional.
- Assists with answering telephones.
- Reminds patients of appointments if not using the Auto Reminder in Athena
- Pleasantly greets patients, visitors and family members.
- Collects Time of Service payments from the patients
- Assists with all positions within the department as deemed necessary according to work volume and demand.
- Scans, organizes and uploads all paper documents into an electronic health records.
- Accesses, retrieves and delivers charts upon request of other health care personnel.
- Copies and distributes records as appropriate.
- Prepares medical records files to release or transfer to providers, patients, insurance companies, and attorneys according to policy and procedure related to HIPAA compliance.
- Researches medical records to locate health data as requested.
- Pulls charts as required for patient visits.
- Help maintain the day to day scheduling of patient appointments.
- Composes and types routine correspondence.
- Copy and file correspondence as needed.
- Routes incoming mail
- HIPAA compliance
Chart Extractor/Population Health Records Additional Duties:
- Responsible for extracting old records from EHR systems and adding items to Athena Health.
- Responsible for pulling health information from QHN and entering the data either as a structured data or as a formal document.
- Responsible for entering health history and problem lists based off of documentation that is extracted.
- Responsible to Clinics Manager and Providers
- Workers supervised - none.
- Interrelationships - Works with other clinic personnel, providers, personnel from other hospital departments, and the public.
Required Education & Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Must have the ability to read, write and follow instructions.
- Excellent typing, computer skills, and data entry knowledge required.
- Ease of proficiency with various software products.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Multi-tasking a must.
- Previous experience in a Medical Clinic Office setting preferred.
- Works effectively with patients, physicians, physician office personnel, and department personnel.
- Must be able to work efficiently with frequent interruptions.
- Completion of a medical terminology course preferred.
Notice: All licensure and certification must be obtained according to the current Licensure / Certification Policy and Procedure.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Ref Code: 2020020
Dom Lopez - Human Resources Assistant