Quality Assurance Nurse - Home Health
The QA Nurse is primarily responsible for leading CQI teams as needed; assisting with problem-solving methods for improvement. Additional responsibilities include chart audits, providing educational and clinical program development for the OASIS assessments, and developing tracking tools as needed.
• Protects patients from harm by improving quality processes
• Develops policies that describe the actions staffers must following in specific circumstances
• The QA nurse observes and evaluates existing practices and policies, makes recommendations for changes when necessary and then re-evaluates the system to determine if the changes are effective.
• Documents all activities, findings and recommendations, and reports them to her supervisors and others on the health care team.
• Duties of a QA nurse include medical chart review, policy and procedure development
• Assures that diagnosis coding is done as accurately as possible.
• Identifies trends in staff and/or documentation patterns and works with staff to correct. Consults with clinical coordinators and/or Director as appropriate.
Required Education & Experience:
• Registered nurse with Bachelor of Science degree in nursing or RN with 3-5 years equivalent experience in Home Health or related field..
• Background in working with Medicare regulations in home health care.
• Two years acute care experience in a hospital setting; five years experience as a RN.
• Able to care for patients of all ages.
• BLS certification preferred.
Learn more about our Benefits using the link below:
Why should you apply? AMAZING BENEFIT PACKAGE!!
$5,000 Hiring Bonus
Medical, Prescription Drug
Flexible Spending Accounts
Life & AD&D Insurance
Short and Long Term Disability Benefits
Employee Assistance Program
403 (b) Retirement Plan - employer still matches funds to a certain percentage
Paid time off - 4+ weeks a year for full time employee
Discount Programs for Lifestyle & Wellness Activities
Continuing Education & Training Opportunities
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Ref Code: 2018023
1501 E. Third Street
Delta, CO 81416
Home Health Quality Assurance Nurse