Physical Therapist - Home Health
Autumn on the Western Slope of Colorado is breathtaking. Days are filled with sunshine and warmth. Our nights are filled with stunning stars and crisp quietness. Life in Delta County is a lifestyle choice for those who prefer rural America and outdoor activities. Delta is located in the Gunnison River Valley, surrounded by mountains and blessed with a moderate climate. Join our community and join the talented, hard working professionals at Delta County Memorial Hospital who call this wonderful valley our HOME.
DCMH Home Health Department is looking for a companionate Physical Therapist that understands the importance of planning and administering a treatment program for our home care patients after evaluation to restore function, relieve pain and prevent disability following disease, injury, or loss of a body part. Main goal of this employee will be to help our patient accomplish treatment plan and accept therapeutic devices by administering manual exercises; instructing, encouraging, and assisting patients in performing physical activities, such as non manual exercises, ambulatory functional activities, and daily-living activities and in using assistive and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, and prostheses.
• Interested candidates must be a graduate of an approved Physical Therapy school currently licensed in Colorado (upon hire)
• Ability to function independently in home environment. Sound judgment in decision making.
• Recognition of own limitations in practice and ability to seek out support and expertise of others.
• Adequate awareness of the dynamics of human behavior, especially the results of illness/disability on the family unit.
• BLS certification required.
• Must Demonstrates clinical expertise in the principles and practice of physical therapy.
• Knowledge in current treatment modalities and their safe use in the home.
• An awareness regarding the Medicare regulations for coverage of physical therapy in the home.
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Ease in relating well with patients, their families, and health professionals.
• Non-judgmental attitude toward varying lifestyles or family living conditions.
• Must maintain an active driver's license.
• Must maintain a personal vehicle in operational order for travel in varying weather conditions at varying times of the day or night.
• Must maintain automobile/vehicle liability insurance coverage.
• Must maintain current proof of insurance and current driver's license
Learn more about our Benefits using the link below:
AMAZING BENEFIT PACKAGE!!
$5,000 Hiring Bonus
Medical, Prescription Drug
Flexible Spending Accounts
Life & AD&D Insurance
Short and Long Term Disability Benefits
Employee Assistance Program
403 (b) Retirement Plan - employer still matches funds to a certain percentage
Paid time off - 4+ weeks a year for full time employee
Discount Programs for Lifestyle & Wellness Activities
Continuing Education & Training Opportunities
Delta County Memorial Hospital is a publicly owned hospital whose mission is to be the people's first choice for accessible, high quality health services and to enhance by the State the well-being of those we serve. We are an acute care facility, licensed by the State of Colorado to operate forty-nine (49) beds.
View Delta County from another perspective.
Follow this link for a short clip on YouTube.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Ref Code: 2017178
1501 E. Third Street
Delta, CO 81416